VRT is a specific type of physical therapy that encompasses specialized exercises to obtain results in gait and gaze stabilization.
At MTI a physical therapist will evaluate you, and customize an exercise program designed to retrain your brain to recognize and process signals from the vestibular system and coordinate them with information from vision and proprioception.
VRT is designed to do the following:
- Improve balance
- Minimize falls
- Decrease sensations of dizziness
- Improve stability during ambulation
- Reduce over dependency on visual and somatosensory inputs
- Reduce anxiety from vestibular disorientation
- Improve neuromuscular coordination
You Have A Choice!